Market information is needed by farmers in planning production and marketing of their produce and equally needed by other market participants in arriving at optimal marketing decisions. The availability and dissemination of complete and accurate marketing information is key to achieve both operational and pricing efficiency in the marketing system.
- Collection of Market Information
- Collection of information on the arrival of agricultural produces in the major markets of the State by the field officers of Assam State Agricultural Marketing Board and Regulated Market Committees.
- Collection of information on wholesale market prices of agricultural produces in the major markets of the State by the field officers of Assam State Agricultural Marketing Board and Regulated Market Committees
- Dissemination of Market Information
- Uploading market arrival and price information of agricultural produces in the Govt. of India’s national portal http://agmarknet.gov.in on daily basis by concerned Regulated Market Committees.
- Uploading market information of major agricultural produces markets of the State in the website of the Board http://asamb.in on daily basis by concerned Regulated Market Committees.
- Dissemination of prices information through e-mail to the Govt. and other agencies.
- Dissemination of prices information through display board / electronic display boards in the RMC offices/market areas.
- Preparation of Market Profile
- Markets for agricultural products are surveyed by the field officers for regulation and development purposes. This includes detailed information of a market including its physical, communication and all other relevant information. On the basis of these information a report prepared by the concerned field officials.
- The market profile prepared on the basis of the market survey report has been uploaded in the AGMARKNET portal and website of the Board for information of all concerned.